Friday, August 2, 2013

Optimistic Juice...

So one of the things you do when you go back to school is sacrifice comfort. I wish I could write these blog when everything is picture perfect. But life isn't always that way. So I think a little honest picture of where I'm at may be in order.

I'm living with my son Noah, in a cottage which my father built for family guests last year. The cottage is one bedroom, with a kitchen and bathroom. On the side is a little family garden, where I planted heirloom tomatoes when I got back from South Carolina this past summer and started school. And ripe tomatoes are coming in, coupled with the fresh sweet grapes, and cucumber. **See, just when I am close to running out of optimistic juice to write about, then it keeps pouring. I can't stop being optimistic and finding something to be grateful for to write about, where the other part of me see only the mess of moving and re-starting.**

So, I made the decision to move from Georgetown, South Carolina after the Krazy Fish craziness. I talked to some close friends about this, but haven't completely analyzed my feelings in order to express my thoughts. All I can say is that southern crazy is crazy, and crazy is as crazy does and Kenneth Carl Terry is crazy. I saw this disaster coming a year ago and I tried to warn Duff about it, but oh well. I'm not happy about the negative publicity and Duff being associated with it. To be fair, Duff has done moves to disassociate himself from it. But as they say, "tongues would wag". Do they stop wagging?

The friend that I talked to in New York do not understand the scenario, because New York craziness is different from small town drama. So perhaps, that's part of the reason why I'm struggling to write about it because how do I bridge the gap of cultural/social disparity? It's difficult to describe social constructs that everyone "understands".

Anyway, I moved back to North Carolina to start school and all these moves happened in a space of one week!! So we sacrificed some comfort in order to live close to my folks. They are so helpful when I have last minute assignments to do.

I'm in my 3 week summer vacation, and at this time Duff is building an extra room in the cottage so that my son Noah can have a little room to call his own. Everything is in disarray and the saw is buzzing away in the background. And I hope the little room is finished before school restarts.

For now, I'll munch away at ripened grapes that we somehow managed to rescue from the theivin' squirrels.

No comments: