Saturday, July 23, 2011

Daniel Reich Gallery "Beach Spa"


(photo credit by Steven Speliotis)

Interesting artshow--the concept is "Beach Spa"

Tanning booth is set up in a corner and the room is heated with half-naked models walking all around and one fifty year old model who likes take off his clothes fully.

Feels like a party. Except no booze or I was a little too late for the booze.

I was wearing a bathing suit under my shirt for no reason at all.

Since I like to participate fully in what the artist has created, I went into the spa with my shorts and bathing suit top on. For some reason, the naked 50 year old man felt compelled to join me in there. Um. yeah, don't ask.

While wilting in tight cramped hot space with a naked man seated across me, some people dressed like a quasi-clown outside of the "spa" fluffs my nails and shoulders through slits with soft furry like brush, and then randomly sprayed flourescent goo on my fingers. I didn't know what gooey stuff were being sprayed so I yelled out in protest!

Did I feel relaxed like I was in a spa?

No.

What was the point?

The gallery director told me, "Isn't it interesting to encapsulate an ordinary common salon experience into art?"

And he left it at that.

No comments: